August 23, 2006

The first day of my life.

How many years have I claimed were simply on pause until I reached Reed? How many times have I told myself to just hold on until I'm there, until I'm... here.

How many mornings have I claimed that the new day would be different? That "today is the first day of the rest of my life." Well, goodness, it looks like this morning really is.

I move in to my dorm in less than two hours. This is happening... and I can hardly believe it.

Maybe I'll become a born-again idealist... throw off (just a bit of) my sarcastic nihilism and again start to see the world as something I can change.

Closing doors... now.

Opening doors... from here on out.

Hello, new world. How the hell are you.

1 Comments:

At August 27, 2006 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!
so lucky. i have a month yet, til i can have what you have now.
but it'll be sweet.
so tell me...is it as wonderful as you dreamed it?
or better?
(well...it OBVIOUSLY couldn't be better because I'm not there....lol)

miss you<3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home